Design Consultation Services
Kerns Carpet One Floor & Home is your local flooring retailer and design center. We are here to help you with your new home update or renovation. We have everything you need for your home from flooring and more. Don’t sacrifice functionality for style in your home. Everything we carry is designed to look amazing while providing you the best performance possible. Our in-house designers are waiting and excited to work with you.
Our Design Team
Rachel Rosenwald is a Flooring Consultant at the Kerns Carpet One Mequon location. Rachel came to Kerns in 2017 from Steinhafels and has a degree in Interior Design from WCTC and a well-trained eye for quality, style, and attention to detail. Every project is unique and each customer is even more unique with their varied needs as well as their use of spaces. Rachel can help you select products for your home with the functionality to meet your needs and the style you’ve always wanted.
Shannon Gieryn is currently in her 8th year with Kerns Carpet One Floor and Home in Brookfield Wisconsin. Her 14 years in the design industry has given Shannon an edge to skillfully assess her clients’ needs and navigate them through the maze of flooring selections. Shannon makes home visits, provides creative problem-solving solutions for any room in the home, and she prides herself on providing superior customer service.
Designs and Trends
Broadloom Carpet Trends
- Warm jewel tones: Burgundy, jade green, rich purples, warm golds and creams.
- Using these colors to contrast stark white painted walls.
- Wool carpet is a great option these days. Not only is it a natural fiber, but it provides comfort and softness at a price points that is comparable to high-end nylon carpeting.
Area Rug Trends
- Bold patterns with minimal color. This lets the hardwood floors stand out while still gaining warmth from the rug.
- These bold patterns can be achieved using both Wool and Nylon carpet fibers.
Hardwood and Luxury Vinyl Plank Trends
- Warm tones and minimal distressing.
- Deep, rich coloration of the wood grain.
- Wide planks give an elegant feel and look. They also make a room appear larger!